Cerys has over 20 years’ experience, including senior roles at leading international firms King & Wood Mallesons and Fasken Martineau, where she was Head of Employment Law. She has been ranked as a leading UK lawyer by the Legal 500 (2021) and clients say Cerys "is fantastic to work with and is everything I look for in an adviser."
Her sector and international expertise supports GQ|Littler’s strong offering in these sectors and advising international companies on their employment issues across the globe.
Cerys's experience includes:
- Defending a private equity house against claims asserted by a senior employee for bonus, carried interest and misrepresentation valued by the claimant at over $5m.
- Advising financial services sector businesses on the employment/regulatory interface, including the application of the FCA and PRA Remuneration Codes, approved person regime/SMCR and regulatory reference obligations.
- Advising on the employment aspects of a wide variety of high profile M&A deals, carve out deals and spin out transactions as well as investment rounds.
- Advising a FTSE 250 PLC on the dismissal of board member including entitlements under complex incentive plans, issues under the director’s remuneration rules and notification under the listing rules.
- Advising technology and life sciences companies on the employment aspects of their growth and funding, alongside the full range of day to day employment advice.
- Supporting businesses through the COVID crisis with advice on cost cutting, redundancies and insolvency issues as well as complexities arising from the furlough scheme.
- Advising new market entrants from the US and elsewhere on UK employment set up and the appropriate hiring mechanism.
Cerys is also a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and the Association of Partnership Practitioners.