COVID-19: EMEA lockdown restrictions (June 2022)
We have created a high-level guide which gives an “at a glance” snapshot of the severity of lockdown restrictions in 28 countries across EMEA. As COVID-19 developments across EMEA slow, the June guide will be the final monthly update of this guide and we will next update the guide when the information substantially changes. We hope you have found the content we have provided over the last 12 months useful.
Instead, we plan to create new at a glance guides on key employment law and HR issues affecting international employers. We want our content to be relevant to you, so we would like to hear what would be most useful for you and your organisation.
The guide covers the following topics:
- Summary showing what has changed in each country since last month
- Lockdown Severity
- Vaccination and Booster Progress
- Travel and Quarantine Restrictions
- Employee Vaccination Status
- Whether Employers Can Relax Workplace Restrictions for Vaccinated Employees
- Workplace Restrictions
- Whether Employers Can Prevent Unvaccinated Employees from Entering Workplace
Please contact your usual GQ|Littler lawyer, or click below to request a copy of the EMEA guide.
COVID-19 Vaccination: A Littler Global Guide on Legal & Practical Implications in the Workplace (January 2022)
Littler's International Practice Group has once again updated its COVID-19 Vaccination: A Littler Global Guide on Legal & Practical Implications in the Workplace. Given new challenges related to the COVID-19 vaccination efforts – including the surge of the Omicron variant and breakthrough infections – some countries have changed their approach regarding vaccination mandates and workplace restrictions. This updated guide helps multinational employers assess their response, considering their legal obligations and business needs.
This update of the guide covers 75 jurisdictions, addressing important topics (some new), including:
- What percentage of the population is partially or fully vaccinated? (New)
- What are the government-imposed workplace restrictions and guidance? (New)
- New laws, regulations, or guidance dealing with COVID-19 vaccinations
- Can an employer require employees or applicants to be vaccinated?
- Can an employer ask an employee/applicant to disclose vaccination status?
- What are the privacy implications?
- Financial incentives to get vaccinated and their legal, tax and benefits implications (New)
- Legal protections from a vaccine mandate (including religious and disability accommodation)
- Employers’ duties in a collective representation setting (New)
- Related topics within the context of employee benefits, teleworking, record keeping, etc. (New)
This guide is for informational purposes only, and not intended to substitute for legal advice. Littler reserves the right to distribute this guide to current and prospective clients only. Because the COVID-19 situation is fluid, employers should consult with counsel for the latest developments and updated guidance on this topic.
To request a copy of this guide, please contact Littler's Knowledge Management Counsel Geida Sanlate by clicking below.
COVID-19: APAC lockdown restrictions (June 2022)
Due to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, governments across Asia have implemented various measures to slow the spread of the virus. Littler’s APAC team is pleased to provide you with its “APAC At a Glance: COVID-Related Restrictions” guide, to help employers adapt their operations to the different measures (and timetables) happening in the region.
Regularly updated, this guide addresses various topics, including:
- Extent of Lockdown & Timetable
- Travel & Quarantine Restrictions
- Childcare & Education Restrictions
- Vaccination Mandate
- Forced Business Closures
- Workplace Restrictions & Guidance
- Self-Isolation Measures
- Special Protection from Dismissal
This guide is not a substitute for legal advice. This material is for informational purposes only, and not for the purpose of establishing an attorney-client relationship.
Please contact Liana Natividad by clicking below to obtain a copy of this resource.