Our Approach & Track Record
GQ|Littler is the leading employment law firm for employers in the UK and Ireland. We offer risk-based advice and litigation services on employment, immigration and incentives issues. We work globally as part of Littler, the world’s largest employment law firm with more than 1,800 lawyers practising across 28 countries in over 100 offices.
What makes us different:
- Global employment boutique
- Highly pragmatic risk-based advice
- Partner-led service
- Market-leading expertise
Incentive issues are at the heart of the modern workplace. Whether you are setting up a new business, hiring new staff or restructuring the organisation, we are able to help.
Our services include:
- Full range of tax advantaged and non-tax advantaged equity incentive plans including both executive and employee schemes.
- Cash bonus and long-term incentive plans.
- Advice on transactions.
Our team have market-leading expertise which rivals that of many full service firms which allows us to advise on anything from the everyday to the novel and complex.
Our Team's Experience
- Advising a FTSE 100 fashion retailer on the extension of its employee share scheme to each territory in which it operates.
- Advising a broad range of international businesses including banks, fashion houses, retailers and insurers on their international share incentive plans, including coordination of overseas advice and delivery of a single point solution.
- Advising a challenger bank on the setting up of a new company share option plan.
- Advising the developer of a major London landmark on its long-term incentive plan.
- Setting up an executive share option scheme for an AIM listed financial services company.
- Advising a major global media business in connection with the long-term incentive plans offered to the CEO and editor of its trophy newspaper asset.
- Advising on all the incentives issues relating to a rights issue by a global bank which was the largest-ever rights issue in London.
- Advising on all the incentives issues on the initial public offering of Glencore – the largest of the year in London.
- Advising on significant venture capital investment in Brewdog plc including due diligence on extensive share incentive arrangements.
- Advising the target of a FTSE takeover on the implications for its share plans including its joint share ownership plan.
- Advising on the exchange of EMI options in a target company for equity issued in the acquirer and negotiations with HMRC over the rate of exchange.
What Others Say:
“GQ|Littler were instructed regarding a senior management change at our Bank, a sensitive and potentially disruptive matter. Everything was handled professionally, pragmatically and in an extremely friendly and cooperative manner. I cannot recommend the excellence of GQ|Littler’s effort on our matter more highly.”
Ian Schmiegelow, CEO - Hamilton Lunn Management Services Limited
News & Views on Employee Tax & Incentives
Sign up for news and event invitations from GQ|Littler
We publish an informative monthly newsletter and run regular events on employment law issues. If you’d like to receive these please subscribe by clicking the button below.