Our Approach & Track Record
GQ|Littler is the leading employment law firm for employers in the UK and Ireland. We offer risk-based advice and litigation services on employment, immigration, employee tax and incentives issues. We work globally as part of Littler, the world’s largest employment law firm with more than 1,700 lawyers practising across 28 countries in over 100 offices.
We do not have our own corporate group to service and so your matters always come first. Our transaction support practice is:
- High quality: Our team all have leading commercial firm backgrounds, we are highly rated by the legal directories and we act for some of the City’s biggest institutions.
- Responsive: We carry extra capacity and our solicitors are motivated by having a stake in the business.
- Commercial: We have a senior team, averaging over 10 years' PQE, who have the experience required to take a highly commercial and pragmatic approach.
- International: We can provide a single one point solution across EMEA. As members of Littler we work with the best employment boutiques around the world.
What makes us different:
- We don’t dump deals on junior lawyers
- Global employment boutique
- We just do HR law
- Most employment lawyers hate corporate support - we love it
We want to invest time to get to know your team and how your clients like things done. To support your practice we offer:
We are also able to offer support with incentives, employee tax and immigration. Where the transaction involves pensions issues we work with one of the leading pension law boutiques. We are happy to work behind the scenes on a white label basis. We are also happy to work out of your offices during periods of intense activity.
We already work with a number of leading US firms and can also support your litigation, white collar crime and regulatory teams.
Our Team's Experience
- Advising RBS on its takeover of ABN AMRO and 53 country integration.
- Advising Zynga Inc. on purchase of UK based games developer Natural Motion Limited.
- Advising Credit Suisse on spin out of its DLJ merchant banking business.
- Advising technology business on the employment aspects of a major reverse takeover including advice on employee benefits and share stock plans.
- Advising on acquisition of terminals business in 25 jurisdictions.
- Advising listed law firm on its UK acquisitions.
- Advising on the European HR aspects of Belkin’s acquisition of Linksys.
- Advising insurer on the acquisition of a regulated insurance business including the TUPE transfer of employees in London, redundancies and aspects in Bermuda and the US.
- Advising RBS on the TUPE aspects of its sale of Angel Trains.
- Advising technology business on the employment aspects of a major reverse takeover including advice on employee benefits and share and stock plans.
- Advising a global investment bank on a 30 country IT outsourcing.
- Advising on outsourcing of a global investment bank’s middle office functions.
- Advising on outsourcing of an international travel company’s complaints function.
- Advising an international bank on disposals of credit card issuing and acceptance businesses.
- Successfully defending a global investment bank against a group action claim brought by 50 individuals alleging the transfer of their employment and failure to comply with information and consult.
- Advising management of a global financial services consulting business in connection with a substantial private equity investment.
- Acting for management of Cambian Group Plc on changes to service agreements required as a result of corporate governance requirements on IPO.
- Advising incoming chairman of Formula One in connection with acquisition by Liberty Media.
- Advising UK commercial real estate team at Hypothekenbank on sale to Wells Fargo.
- Advising AIM listed global technology company on two significant restructures to implement a new business strategy involving collective consultation exercises.
- Managing all employment aspects of the global restructure of a major international healthcare sector company in over 40 countries in Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
- Advising an international technology business on establishment of European Works Councils in seven European countries and managing process to achieve a favourable outcome.
- Advising on restructure of insurer that resulted in redundancy and redeployment of the senior executive leadership.
What Others Say:
“The team have a good commercial understanding of our sector, the wider market and are current with any broader changes to the market."
Chambers and Partners, 2023
News & Views on Transaction Support
Sign up for news and event invitations from GQ|Littler
We publish an informative monthly newsletter and run regular events on employment law issues. If you’d like to receive these please subscribe by clicking the button below.